Imperial Cars Recruiting Now!
Due to the continuing expansion of the Nation’s favourite and fastest growing Used Car Dealer Group, Imperial Cars is recruiting for various positions across our sites.
If you want to move forward with your career and join a rapidly expanding company, one that can offer you world class training, industry leading remuneration packages, and genuine opportunities for career progression, why not come and visit us at one of our Recruitment Events where you can meet our team. If you are unable to attend our recruitment events due to prior commitments, please still apply and we will make every effort to arrange an alternative time to meet.
If this appeals to you then apply now and arrange an interview; click here for current vacancies.
Reasons to work for Imperial Cars
· Award winning: Imperial Cars are a multi award winning Used Car Dealership with branches across the UK. In the Auto Trader ‘Click’ awards, we were voted ‘Used Car Supermarket of the Year’ in 2015, ‘Digital Forecourt of the Year’ in 2016, ‘Data Driven Retailer of the Year’ in 2016 and 2017, and ‘Digital Retailer of the Year’ in 2017. These awards are voted for by 10,000 consumers and a panel of 5 digital retailing experts. We also won, at CarDealers Used Car Awards, the ‘Used Supermarket of the Year’ Award in 2017. In the 2016 ‘Car Dealer Magazine’ awards, we were 2nd in the ‘Used Car Supermarket of the Year’ category, and also 2nd in the top 140 of ‘Most Influential Dealers on Twitter’.
· We currently sit within the top 10 in the list of the ‘Top 50 Independent Used Cars Retailers in the UK’ (Source: MotorTrader magazine - Nov 2017) and are widely recognised as the Nation’s favourite and fastest growing Used Car Dealer Group.
· Continually expanding: In 2004, Imperial Cars was a humble little 30 car site in Swanwick opposite the picturesque marina. We are now an 11 branch used car retailer with over 2,000 used cars for sale in Southampton, Chertsey, Northampton, Fleet, Exeter, Halesowen, Swanwick, Ipswich, Newport Pagnell, Portsmouth, and Grangemouth in Scotland and will keep on expanding offering you more opportunities.
· Organically grown: We are an organically grown organisation in the sense that 90% of all our senior staff members have progressed from entry level positions within the business. At Imperial Cars, the path of progression never seems to end!
· We hire talent, train skill: Some of our best employee’s didn’t have prior industry experience before joining Imperial Cars. The right attitude and work ethic combined with our world class training and support from industry experts will support you in building a long and successful career.
· The future of used car retailing: We are a progressive and forward thinking organisation which can offer you exposure to industry leading technology and the opportunity to learn and share ideas with industry professionals of all different ages and backgrounds. This was recognised by Imperial Cars being voted 1st in the ‘Used Car Supermarket of the Year’ category at the 2017 ‘Car Dealer Magazine Awards’, as well ‘Digital Forecourt of the Year’ (2016) and ‘Data Driven Retailer of the Year’ (2017) in the Auto Trader ‘Click’ Awards.
· Work hard play hard: Careers at Imperial Cars are challenging, rewarding, but above all, FUN! Our friendly and flexible working environment is highly enjoyable, and our willingness to help and support one another has helped to create and maintain a family vibe that hasn’t been affected by our rapid expansion.
Benefits to you
· Up to 28 days holiday (depending on shift patterns) which increases with level of service after 3 and 5 years.
· Preferential finance rates when purchasing a car from the company
· Staff discounts as well as friends and family car repairs, servicing and mot’s.
· Employee referral bonus
· Discounted RAC breakdown cover
· Annual Christmas Party and “Impy awards” evening
· Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
· Company pension scheme
· Life insurance
· Award winning company
· Excellent career progression within the company.
Imperial is like one big family; we all help each other out, everyone is friendly, supportive and people genuinely want to help each other.
We look for innovation and creativity in employees. There is respect between Managers and employees and Managers are always there if support is needed.
This is what some of our current Employee’s say:
"I have worked for Imperial for nearly 4 years and they have looked after me from day one; from being flexible after maternity leave to sending me on incentive days quad biking and clay pigeon shooting. I love my colleagues and enjoy working for the company; there is a fun atmosphere always and I never begrudge coming into work.”
- Ellie, Sales Support Team Leader
“The path of progression doesn't seem to end, same as the company's ability to keep growing! Since starting, every site I have worked at has a great atmosphere; it makes it easier to enjoy what we do!”
- Callum, Sales Manager
“The company has grown from a small humble beginning to a group that can look after the whole country and everyone is playing apart in the expansion. The company approach to career advancement is that they will look at people from inside the business first if that is at all possible and they will give you all the help and support to help you achieve your own career goals.
You do not feel as if you are working for a large company; all of the management and the Directors are just at the end of the phone and are happy to talk and help you out at any time.
The hours that we work in general in the motor trade are long, however the rota for the sales people at Imperial Cars means that compared to most other companies you actually get on average and extra day off per week.
The targets that we are set every month are realistic and you are rewarded very well if those targets are achieved.”
- Martin, Sales Manager
"I work at the Fleet branch. We have a lovely 15th century barn which makes our site a lovely a unique place to be. The barn still has some of the original beams which helps the authenticity of our site. Progression is a key part of how Imperial Cars like to work with a promote within mentality. Training staff to fulfil their potential.
The staff here at Fleet are some of the best people I have worked with. Very kind and friendly. They always try and go over and beyond to look after customers whilst maintaining a professional manner. They have helped me grow into a better Sales Executive every day. Pumping me with their own experience and knowledge they have picked up from their time here."
- Stephan, Sales Executive
“After being accepted to join the Imperial family as Business Manager in Grangemouth, my concerns quickly turned positive after the training with Brendan and all the help received from the Southampton team to show me the ropes. On arrival to my new site in Grangemouth the calm and positive support of my managers Rod, Kieran and Jerry made me excel and always want to achieve more. My family thank you for this opportunity and I look very much forward to the growth prospects I know are on the way.”
- Steven, Handover Manager
So, what are you waiting for? This is your chance to become part of, and contribute to, the Imperial success story!