Vehicle Technician & MOT Tester OLD
Position: Vehicle Technician & MOT Tester
Location: Imperial Cars Preparation Centre, Unit 7 Barton Park, Chicken Hall Lane, Eastleigh SO50 6RR
Salary: £35,000 OTE
Hours: Full Time – 40.25 / 6AM – 6PM (MON – SUN)
** Hours Continued: Hours will be worked on the rolling rota: 5 days on, 5 days off / 5 days on, 5 days off / 4 days on, 4 days off **
*** Applicants must hold a full UK driving licence ***
Imperial Cars are a multi award winning used car dealership with branches across the UK. We currently sit at 9th place in the list of the ‘Top 50 Independent Used Cars Retailers in the UK’ (Source: MotorTrader magazine - Nov 2017) and are widely recognised as the Nation’s favourite and fastest growing Used Car Dealer Group.
In 2004, Imperial Cars was a humble little 30 car site in Swanwick opposite the picturesque marina. We are now an 12 branch used car retailer with over 2,000 used cars for sale in Southampton, Chertsey, Northampton, Fleet, Exeter, Halesowen, Mountsorrel, Swanwick, Ipswich, Newport Pagnell, Portsmouth, Grangemouth in Scotland.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at our Preparation Centre in Eastleigh for a Vehicle Technician & MOT Tester! This opportunity will include diagnosing, repairing, servicing and maintaining vehicles to a good quality standard as specified by the manufacturers or warranty requirements. You will also MOT vehicles in line with government specifications.
You must be capable of completing work to a high standard, whilst adhering to procedures and processes at all times. You will also be a team player with excellent attention to detail. The right individual must also be confident and professional in their approach as well as someone who is efficient and motivated to always achieve a first time fix.
If you want to move forward with your career and join a rapidly expanding company, one that can offer you world class training, industry leading remuneration packages, and genuine opportunities for career progression, then keep reading…
Duties & Responsibilities
• Carrying out the company inspection process, noting all areas requiring repair or service.
• Repairing vehicle faults as identified either by the checklist or during the repair process.
• Communicating with internal teams and departments where necessary.
• Carrying out MOT inspections as per Ministry of Transport directives.
• Ensuring daily, weekly, monthly service and repair targets are met.
• Providing complex diagnostics to a wide variety of vehicles.
• Requesting for parts using a company tablet.
Essential Skills, Qualifications & Behaviours
• Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills.
• High attention to detail and quality of work.
• Must be fully qualified.
• Holiday – 20 days paid holiday (increases with level of service) plus 8 days Statutory Bank Holidays
• Preferential Finance Rates when purchasing a car from the company
• Friends and Family Car Repairs, Servicing, and MOT’s
• Annual Christmas Party & Awards Evening
• Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
• Discounted RAC Breakdown Cover
• Company Pension Scheme
• Employee Referral Bonus
• Life Insurance
**According to Auto Trader’s ‘Motor Trader Magazine’, Imperial Cars currently sit at 10th place in the list of the ‘Top 50 Independent Used Cars Retailers in the UK’
In the recent 2017 ‘Car Dealer Magazine Awards’ we were voted 1st in the ‘Used Car Supermarket of the Year’ category
**In the 2016 ‘Car Dealer Magazine Awards’ we were 2nd in the ‘Used Car Supermarket of the Year’ category, and also 2nd in the top 140 of ‘Most Influential Dealers on Twitter’
We currently have 12 branches in the UK: Southampton, Chertsey, Northampton, Portsmouth, Fleet, Swanwick, Halesowen, Mountsorrel, Exeter, Ipswich, Newport Pagnell, and Grangemouth in Scotland
**In the Auto Trader ‘Click’ awards we were voted ‘Used Car Supermarket of the Year’ in 2015, ‘Digital Forecourt of the Year’ in 2016, ‘Data Driven Retailer of the Year’ in 2017, and ‘Digital Retailer of the Year’ in 2017
|Location||Eastleigh Prep Centre|
|Driving Licence Required|
|Benefits||Holiday – 20 days paid holiday (increases with level of service) plus 8 days Statutory Bank Holidays. / Preferential Finance Rates when purchasing a car from the company / Friends and Family Car Repairs, Servicing, and MOT’s / Annual Christmas Party & Awards Evening / Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) / Discounted RAC Breakdown Cover / Company Pension Scheme / Employee Referral Bonus / Life Insurance|
|Working Hours||Full Time – 40.25 / 6AM – 6PM (MON – SUN)|
|Closing Date||22nd January 2019|