Position: Vehicle Technician
Location: Tickford Roundabout, London Road, Newport Pagnell, MK16 0RE
Salary: £18,500 - £31,200 DOE (Overtime paid at time and a half)
Hours: Full Time - 08:30 - 17:00 MON - FRI & 08:30 - 12:30 Every other SAT
** Applicants must be fully qualified (Level 3) with sound automotive workshop experience **
*** Applicants must hold a full UK driving licence ***
Imperial Cars are a multi award winning used car dealership with branches across the UK. We currently sit at 9th place in the list of the ‘Top 50 Independent Used Cars Retailers in the UK’ (Source: MotorTrader magazine - Nov 2017) and are widely recognised as the Nation’s favourite and fastest growing Used Car Dealer Group.
In 2004, Imperial Cars was a humble little 30 car site in Swanwick opposite the picturesque marina. We are now an 12 branch used car retailer with over 2,000 used cars for sale in Southampton, Chertsey, Northampton, Fleet, Exeter, Halesowen, Mountsorrel, Swanwick, Ipswich, Newport Pagnell, Portsmouth, Grangemouth in Scotland.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at our Newport Pagnell Branch for a Vehicle Technician! This opportunity will include all levels of technical works; from servicing to major engine and diagnostic work, on quality used cars ranging from family to high-end prestige vehicles. The successful applicant will be responsible for diagnosing, repairing, servicing and maintaining vehicles to a good quality standard as specified by the manufacturers or warranty requirements.
You must be capable of completing work to a high standard, whilst adhering to procedures and processes at all times. You will also be a team player with excellent attention to detail. The right individual must also be confident and professional in their approach as well as someone who is efficient and motivated to always achieve a first time fix.
If you want to move forward with your career and join a rapidly expanding company, one that can offer you world class training, industry leading remuneration packages, and genuine opportunities for career progression, then keep reading…
Duties & Responsibilities
• Advising on best methods of repair and determining repair times in consultation with the Service Manager.
• Determining priorities and allocating tasks in liaison with the Aftersales Manager and Aftersales team.
• Efficiently diagnose standard and complex faults and ensure underlying problems are resolved.
• Informing the Aftersales Manager on non-conforming vehicles or issues arising.
• Ensuring all work stations and preparation areas are clean and tidy at all times.
• Ensuring the efficient and effective use of workshop facilities and equipment.
• Operating our computerised system to time jobs and monitor efficiencies.
• Communicating with internal teams and departments where necessary.
• Liaising with the Parts suppliers on issues affecting availability of parts.
• Advising the service team of issues and when tasks are completed.
• Ensuring daily, weekly, monthly service and repair targets are met.
• Working to deadlines to ensure that work is completed on time.
• Providing complex diagnostics to a wide variety of vehicles.
• Monitoring work progress, and pursue issues as necessary.
• Stripping, fitting and replacing components on vehicles.
• Repairing vehicle faults as requested by the customer.
• Undertaking a full range of workshop duties.
• Carrying out diagnostic repairs on vehicles.
Essential Skills, Qualifications & Behaviours
• Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills.
• High attention to detail and quality of work.
• Must be fully qualified.
• Holiday – 20 days paid holiday (increases with level of service) plus 8 days Statutory Bank Holidays
• Employee Action Days i.e. Go Karting, Clay Pigeon Shooting, and Quad Biking etc.
• Preferential Finance Rates when purchasing a car from the company
• Friends and Family Car Repairs, Servicing, and MOT’s
• Annual Christmas Party & Awards Evening
• Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
• Discounted RAC Breakdown Cover
• Company Pension Scheme
• Employee Referral Bonus
• Life Insurance
**According to Auto Trader’s ‘Motor Trader Magazine’, Imperial Cars currently sit at 10th place in the list of the ‘Top 50 Independent Used Cars Retailers in the UK’
In the recent 2017 ‘Car Dealer Magazine Awards’ we were voted 1st in the ‘Used Car Supermarket of the Year’ category
**In the 2016 ‘Car Dealer Magazine Awards’ we were 2nd in the ‘Used Car Supermarket of the Year’ category, and also 2nd in the top 140 of ‘Most Influential Dealers on Twitter’
We currently have 12 branches in the UK: Southampton, Chertsey, Northampton, Portsmouth, Fleet, Swanwick, Halesowen, Mountsorrel, Exeter, Ipswich, Newport Pagnell, and Grangemouth in Scotland
**In the Auto Trader ‘Click’ awards we were voted ‘Used Car Supermarket of the Year’ in 2015, ‘Digital Forecourt of the Year’ in 2016, ‘Data Driven Retailer of the Year’ in 2017, and ‘Digital Retailer of the Year’ in 2017
|Driving Licence Required|
|Benefits||Holiday – 20 days paid holiday (increases with level of service) plus 8 days Statutory Bank Holidays / Employee Action Days i.e. Go Karting, Clay Pigeon Shooting, and Quad Biking etc. / Preferential Finance Rates when purchasing a car from the company / Friends and Family Car Repairs, Servicing, and MOT’s / Annual Christmas Party & Awards Evening / Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) / Discounted RAC Breakdown Cover / Company Pension Scheme / Employee Referral Bonus / Life Insurance|
|Working Hours||Full Time - 08:30 - 17:00 MON - FRI & 08:30 - 12:30 Every other SAT|
|Salary||£18,500 - £31,200 DOE (Overtime paid at time and a half)|
|Closing Date||03rd February 2019|