This Friday, I (Lauren) am off to the famous BodyPower Expo at the Birmingham NEC and I’m there til Sunday.
What is BodyPower did I just hear you say? BodyPower is the fastest growing consumer fitness exhibition in Europe, attracting tens of thousands of health and fitness enthusiasts from around the globe.
Why am I there? Imperials very own strongman, Rob Frampton and his good friend Terry Hollands will be running the Strongman/ women competition. So I’m lending a helping hand and catching the highlights on camera!
There will be 6 competitions held over the 3 days and is set to be the biggest Strongman competition ever to be held in the UK with around 150 entrants!
The Strong men and women will be taking on the traditional gruelling events of which many of you would of seen on the likes of World’s Strongest Man. Events such as the Viking Press, Super Yolk, Farmers Walk, Deadlifts. Load Medley and Arm Over Arm.
On Sunday we have Rob's protege, Will Baggott competing in the Opens on Sunday. Will has previously provided the muscle at Berrywood Primary Schools Car Festival and is blowing the competition away having recently qualified for England's Strongest Man!
- Deadlift from floor using conventional bar / plate
- 180kg - 60 seconds time limit.
- Viking Press: 100kg (in hands) 60 seconds time limit NO DOUBLE DIP
- Yoke 20m - 300kg. 60 seconds time limit
- Farmers walk - 20m - 100kg. 60 seconds time limit
- Medley: Implements carried 20.15.10 & 5 metres all approximately 60-90 kgs
- Deadlift from floor using conventional bar / plate - 260kg
- Viking press - 120 kg
- Yoke - 20m - 340 kg
- Farmers 20m - 120kg
- Medley: Implements carried 20.15.10 & 5 metres all approximately 80-120kg
- Deadlift from floor using conventional bar / plate - 300kg
- Viking press - 150kg
- Yoke - 20m - 400kg
- Farmers 20m - 150kg
- Medley: Implements carried 20.15.10 & 5 metres all approximately 100-140kg
If you’re there on the day make sure you come over and say hello and have your photo taken with Rob and Terry and make sure you use #StrongmanBPE in your tweets and Instagram posts.